CEO and founder at Navas & Cusí Attorneys, specializing in European Union law and banking and financial law.
- Diploma in European Union law by the Bar Association of Barcelona
- Secretary of Tax Expert Corporation at the University Foundation San Pablo
- Graduated in Law by the Autonomous University of Barcelona
- Diploma in Community Law by the Bar Association of Barcelona.
- Juan Ignacio Navas is an expert advisor on Community law and European institutions, securities and investment, national and international litigation.
- Lecturer and teacher in courses on financial derivatives in the Chamber of Commerce of Spain in Belgium, the Chamber of Commerce of Santander, Las Palmas de GC, Ourense, Sta. Cruz de Tenerife, Palma de Mallorca, Castellon and Madrid Bar Association, Zaragoza and Las Palmas de GC; and he is a regular contributor to the doctrinal and legal journals Aranzadi Legal News, The Law, and Lawyerpress Lealtoday.com.
- He has written for Aranzadi treaties financial content and its regulation in the framework of the European Union
- He holds the title of real estate agent granted by the Ministry of Development and he is a graduate by the American International and Cambridge University.
- He is a member of the (UAE) Union des Avocats Européens – European Lawyers’ Union.
- He is a member of the Madrid Bar Association and of the Bar Association of Barcelona.
- He is member of the Bar Association of Barcelona for 34 years (in 1983), member of the Bar Association of Madrid and also of the Dutch Bar Association of Brussels, where he has my second residence in Spain and Brussels; I am vice president and honorary advisor of the Asociación Europea de Economía y Competitividad.
- He is Member of the Joint Board of Appeal of the three European Supervisory Authorities for the financial services sector (European Banking Authority, European Insurance and Occupational Pensions Authority and European Securities and Markets Authority).
- Mr. Navas is a lecturer and teacher in courses on financial derivatives in the Chamber of Commerce of Santander, Las Palmas de G.C., Ourense, Sta. Cruz de Tenerife, Palma de Mallorca, Castellon and the Bar Association of Madrid, Zaragoza and Las Palmas de G.C.
- He is regular contributor of legal journals Aranzadi, Aranzadi Legal News and Thomson Reuters, The Law, Legaltoday.com and Lawyerpress, Law Journal.
- Advisory and regular contributor as an expert in banking law in national and international media of communication, especially in the following being noteworthy:
- Presence and appearance in the following ways: El Pais, El Mundo, La Vanguardia, El Periodico, ABC, La Razón, Wall Street Journal, Bloomberg, Agencia EFE, EuroEfe, EuropaPress, Zoom News, Dow Jones, Expansion, The Courier, five days, El Confidencial, Investment and Finance, The Economist, Rtves.es, Grupo Vocento, The Financial World, northern Castilla, Digital Diario Sur, Diario de Cadiz, El Diari de Girona, Andalusia information, Navarra Confidential, The Illustrator , diariojurídico.com, informativojurídico.com, Onda Investment, El Diario de Córdoba, Cartagena News, progress, Journalists in Spanish, Business BCN, born Digital, The Freethinker
- Audiovisual: Japanese state TV NHK, Euronews, La Sexta, Telecinco, Intereconomía, TV3, Canarias 7, BTV, as well as national radio media.
- Juan Ignacio belives that public information and doctrinal dissamination is very relevant in our society. That’s why he publish, every week, a doctrinal paper about corporate law on my own website www.juanignacionavas.com and in my law firm site www.navascusi.com.
- The law firm Navas & Cusi Lawyers (www.navascusi.com), is a benchmark throughout the country in the defense of the consumer’s rights against banks, and giving legal advice to different national and international companies, all of them under the European regulation. After a multitude of legal proceedings and lawsuits against financial institutions (which at present represent more than 440 favorable sentences throughout the country, due to our country’s absolute non-observance of European Union law), the legal firm has consolidated its role as an expert in financial markets and corporate law, both in legal and in doctrinal and academic area, being always step forward of the problems that unfortunately are not fulfilled in Spain due to non-compliance with European Union law.
- In relation to the above and before the patent malpractice bank and responsibility of the Kingdom of Spain, Bank of Spain and Comisión Nacional del Mercado de Valores (“the National Securities Market Commission in Spain”), acting on my own behalf in May 2013 I filed a Complaint before the European Commission alleging non-compliance by the Kingdom of Spain of the European Union Law, and in particular two Directives: Directive 2004/39 / EC (MifiD) and Directive 93/13 /EEC on consumer protection.
- On 20 July 2016, he was informed that the proceeding against the KINGDOM OF SPAIN continues, with the number 2200/2015, in which the Commission of the EU appreciates the Kingdom of Spain’s breach of Directive 93/13 / EEC in certain specific respects, in particular the infringement of the Community Directive in the enforcement of non-judicial documents. This is the procedure in which nowadays we still standing and pending of resolution.
- He feels especially proud that the publishing house called Thomson Reuters Aranzadi has personally and exclusively commissioned him to write and publish, The great work of judicial banking law: a book detailing the whole problem in Spain of so-called bank malpractice, defining each of the toxic and complex products marketed by credit institutions without observing the legal requirements of information and advice of the European Union. This legal project is considered the most extensive work to date of financial banking, mortgage, consumer and European Union law, and he also explain the system of bankruptcy and liquidation of banks under EU laws, including the responsibility and liability of the administrators of the companies.